Poros to Aegina Ferry

The Poros Aegina ferry route connects Saronic Islands with Saronic Islands. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Saronic Ferries. The crossing operates up to 12 times each week with sailing durations from around 1 hour 20 minutes.

Poros Aegina sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Route and port details

Poros - Aegina Ferry Operators

  • Saronic Ferries
    • 12 Sailings Weekly 1 hr 20 min
    • Get price

Poros Guide

The small Greek island of Poros is located in the southern part of the Saronic Gulf and is made up of two islands. Spharia is the southern island and Kalaureia is the northern and larger of the two islands. Spanning the narrow strait that separates the two islands is a bridge. The island is roughly 60 km to the south of Piraeus and is only 200 m from the Peloponnese on the Greek mainland. There are a few popular tourist attractions on the island including several chapels and churches located around the island with the most interesting being the Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi and the Metropolitan Temple of Saint George. The 18th century Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi is located around 4 km from Poros Town and sits in an area surrounded by pine and plane trees. The monastery is where visitors will find the graves of the famous Greek captains Tobazis, N. Apostolis and An. Miaoulis.

The island is connected to the port of Piraeus by ferry and catamaran with a crossing time of around 2 hours and 30 minutes by ferry, and 1 hour and 20 minutes by catamaran. The island is also connected to Galatas on the Greek mainland. Ferries tend to depart every 30 minutes and the trip takes 5 minutes.

Aegina Guide

The Greek island of Aegina is located in the Argo-Saronic Gulf, and is one of the Saronic group of islands. As it is close to Athens, which is around 17 miles away, it is popular with visiting Greeks from the city. The islands takes its name, according to legend, from a nymph who was the daughter of the river God Asopos, who Zeus fell in love with and took to the island. Between 1827 and 1829, when Aegina Town was the temporary capital of the new Greek State, Governor Ioannis Kapodistrias had neo-classical mansions constructed to contain his headquarters. These buildings are now popular visitor attractions. There are some lovely villages located on the outskirts of Aegina Town. These include Kypseli, Agli and Vagia.

ferries from the island's port depart to the port of Piraeus with a crossing time of around 40 minutes by Flying Dolphin and 75 minutes by conventional ferry. Aegina is also connected to the islands of Moni, Metopi, Diaportia, Lagouses, Kyra, Dorousa, Spalathonisi and Anonyma.